I am meeting Organizer, but cancel is not listed as an action?

Old January 12th 07, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RMorneau

Default I am meeting Organizer, but cancel is not listed as an action?

I am shown as the Meeting Organizer. Under "Actions" I do not have the
"Cancel Meeting" option listed. How can I cancel this meeting?
Old January 14th 07, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

Are you opening the appointment from your own calendar?

You need to open the appointment (from YOUR calendar)
then select "Cancel Invitation" from the ACTIONS menu.

If you have removed the appointment from your own calendar
and are trying to open it in someone else's calendar, like a resource
calendar, you will be unable to cancel the appointment. It must
still reside in your own.

Nikki Peterson

news

Old January 14th 07, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RMorneau

Thanks for replying. I am opening from my own Calendar. Cancel Invitation is
not an option on the Actions menu.

R Morneau

"Nikki" wrote:

Are you opening the appointment from your own calendar?

You need to open the appointment (from YOUR calendar)
then select "Cancel Invitation" from the ACTIONS menu.

If you have removed the appointment from your own calendar
and are trying to open it in someone else's calendar, like a resource
calendar, you will be unable to cancel the appointment. It must
still reside in your own.

Nikki Peterson

news

Old January 15th 07, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

When I open an appointment on my calendar and select the
ACTIONS menu the following what I see:

1) When I accepted the appointment made by someone else:
- New Appointment
- Recurrance...
- Request Responses (greyed out)
- Accept
- Tentative
- Decline
- etc..........

2) When I made the appointment:
- New Appointment
- Recurrance...
- Request Responses
- Allow New Time Proposals
- Add or Remove Attendees...
- Cancel Meeting
- etc..........

What do you see for your ACTIONS menu?

Nikki Peterson

"Nikki" wrote:

Are you opening the appointment from your own calendar?

You need to open the appointment (from YOUR calendar)
then select "Cancel Invitation" from the ACTIONS menu.

If you have removed the appointment from your own calendar
and are trying to open it in someone else's calendar, like a resource
calendar, you will be unable to cancel the appointment. It must
still reside in your own.

Nikki Peterson

news

Old January 15th 07, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RMorneau

Good Mornung Nikki,

I see the following :

New Appointment

Recurrence
Edit Series

Request Response (greyed out)

Accept
Tentative
Decline

Tentative and Propose New Time
Decline and Propose New Time

New Message to Attendees (greyed out)
Reply with Message
Reply to All With Message

Forward as iCalendar

"Nikki" wrote:

Are you opening the appointment from your own calendar?

You need to open the appointment (from YOUR calendar)
then select "Cancel Invitation" from the ACTIONS menu.

If you have removed the appointment from your own calendar
and are trying to open it in someone else's calendar, like a resource
calendar, you will be unable to cancel the appointment. It must
still reside in your own.

Nikki Peterson

"RMorneau" wrote in message
news I am shown as the Meeting Organizer. Under "Actions" I do not have the
"Cancel Meeting" option listed. How can I cancel this meeting?

Old January 15th 07, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

This would show me that you are NOT the
organizer. Do you have a delegate that books
meetings for you?

Nikki

Old January 15th 07, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
RMorneau

Hello Again,

On the schedule tab I am listed as the Organizer (pass cursor over Blue
icon). I do not have anyone set up as a delegate for me.

RMorneau

Old January 15th 07, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki

I do not know what happened, however it would appear
that you do not have the "original meeting invite" in your
calendar. You will only be able to "UPDATE" the meeting
if you have retained the original meeting in your calendar.

Nikki