VB coding of Outlook cancel meeting

Old June 1st 06, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
martin kendrick

Default VB coding of Outlook cancel meeting

Hi,
I have noticed a couple of similar questions to this but without any
replies but lets have another go....

I am working with outlook 202 to an exchange server backend
I have a .net activeX from which I connect to the outlook object using
the outlook active X
my snippet
oResItems = oAppointmentsfldr.Items.Restrict(myfilter)
For i = oResItems.Count to 1 step -1
oItem = ResItems.Item(i) ' oItem is an appointmentitem
oItem.Delete()
next i

now to my mind this would take a filter string and produced a resticted
lit of appointments which it would delete from outlook and
IT DOES - Yipppppeee - BUT (isnt there always a big but)

It does not remove the item from any other attendees calendar
If I cancel a meeting through the GUI I am given the option of sending
each attendee an email containing a cancel instruction.

Why doesnt the delete do the same AND

if it doesnt do the same is there anyway I can manually send that email
to the attendees inbox (and have it work in the same way as a GUI based
cancelation email)

any idaes people!!!
thanks
Martin