Search: Posts made by: Guv Bob
Forum: Outlook Express June 26th 10, 03:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By Guv Bob
Toolbar Buttons

FYI, I've been using OE for over 10 years and it's been tolerable. However, I'm getting ready to set up a new computer with Win 7 and plan to get a non-Microsoft email program at that time. Not a...
Forum: Outlook Express June 26th 10, 03:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By Guv Bob
Toolbar Buttons

FYI, I've been using OE for over 10 years and it's been tolerable. However, I'm getting ready to set up a new computer with Win 7 and plan to get a non-Microsoft email program at that time. Not a...
Forum: Outlook Express June 25th 10, 08:43 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

Thanks Peter. A search of the c: drive shows that I have 6 versions of MSVCRT.DLL from 1999 to 2009. Should I copy an earlier or later one to the same folder as the install application or somewhere...
Forum: Outlook Express June 25th 10, 08:43 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

Thanks Peter. A search of the c: drive shows that I have 6 versions of MSVCRT.DLL from 1999 to 2009. Should I copy an earlier or later one to the same folder as the install application or somewhere...
Forum: Outlook Express June 23rd 10, 09:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

Are you thinking there is still a virus? Will scan again overnight and see what comes of it.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express June 23rd 10, 09:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

Are you thinking there is still a virus? Will scan again overnight and see what comes of it.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 03:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message ...

How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality?

Probably doesn't. I...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 03:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message ...

How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality?

Probably doesn't. I...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 02:57 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Thanks very much, PA! Will take your advice.

Any idea why, when I compact a folder, the file size still remains the same? I've done this with small and large folders with the same result. Is...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 02:57 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Thanks very much, PA! Will take your advice.

Any idea why, when I compact a folder, the file size still remains the same? I've done this with small and large folders with the same result. Is...
Forum: Outlook Express June 21st 10, 10:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

I get these errors when trying to install any version of Iomega's EMC Retrospect Express HD for Windows. Using Windows 2000 Prof.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pls post and also email...
Forum: Outlook Express June 21st 10, 10:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By Guv Bob
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

I get these errors when trying to install any version of Iomega's EMC Retrospect Express HD for Windows. Using Windows 2000 Prof.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pls post and also email...
Forum: Outlook Express June 21st 10, 10:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Here is a screen capture of the OE6 folder showing DBX files:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/YWhQUWVrNXZ0QTFFQlE9PQ

"Guv Bob" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express June 21st 10, 10:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

"VanguardLH" wrote in message ...
Guv Bob wrote:

I moved a bunch of files to an external disk and got 2GB of free
memory. Also I copied...

Guv Bob wrote:

I moved a bunch of files to an external disk and got 2GB of free
memory. Also I copied...
Forum: Outlook Express June 21st 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Thanks, Steve.

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message ...

Try what I suggested in the paragraph you quoted below.

steve

"Guv...
Forum: Outlook Express June 21st 10, 10:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Thanks, Steve.

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message ...

Try what I suggested in the paragraph you quoted below.

steve

"Guv...
Forum: Outlook Express May 22nd 10, 08:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message ...

Go to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk cleanup and run that and...
Forum: Outlook Express May 22nd 10, 08:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message ...

Go to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk cleanup and run that and...
Forum: Outlook Express May 22nd 10, 08:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Thanks!

"VanguardLH" wrote in message ...
Guv Bob wrote:

Hi Folks,

My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4...

Guv Bob wrote:

Hi Folks,

My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4...
Forum: Outlook Express May 21st 10, 07:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Guv Bob
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Hi Folks,

My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4 of the emails but still the DBX folder shows the same size - 200MB. I tried to compress it and it says there is not enough...