Search: Posts made by: Bill
Forum: Outlook Express June 8th 10, 02:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill
Outlook Express 6 Spell Check

My outlook express 6 spell check is set for French and I can't seem to change
it to English. Also it doesn't seem to recognise the word dictionary in
Office 2007. What can I do?
Forum: Outlook Express June 8th 10, 02:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill
Outlook Express 6 Spell Check

My outlook express 6 spell check is set for French and I can't seem to change
it to English. Also it doesn't seem to recognise the word dictionary in
Office 2007. What can I do?
Forum: Outlook - Installation May 28th 10, 12:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
Error symchronizing mail acount Hotmail to outlook

I receive error message when trying to retrieve mail from my hotmail to my
outloook 2003.

There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your
account is configured correctly by...
Forum: Outlook - Installation May 4th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
email set up

at present cannot send or receive mail. Was working. All seems set up yet
have a problem.
Get errors about smpt.. Help
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 8th 10, 11:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill
pages of garbage with e-mails

The person might have sent you an email with an attachment and the attachment
got damaged in sending.

You might ask the person who sent you that email if they sent an attachment.
Ask if they can...
Forum: Outlook - Installation April 8th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill
How do I configure Outlook to microsoft Exchange server.

Are you in an office or doing this from home? Have you used this before, or
is this the first time you are trying to use it?

If an office, do you know if your office has an Exchange Server? If you...
Forum: Outlook and VBA February 10th 10, 04:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill
Outlook Out of Office

Out of Office assistant automagically set as out based off my calendar?
Or out of office set automatically for people who work Mon - Thurs and are
gone Fri Sat Sun, so they don't have to remember.
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 6th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
Outlook Error Message

I recently installed Outlook 2007 on a new 64 bit computer and transferred
other files from an older machine. Whenever I start to write an e-mail, I
get an error message saying "Fax Server...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring June 24th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
How 2 categorize ONE apptmnt in series w/o doing entire series?

I have set up appointments and wish to categorize them "completed: - when I
set up a series of repeated appointments - then try to mark ONE of them
'done' then the system marks the entire series...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries April 27th 09, 01:52 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
How do I stop receiving multiple duplicate incoming mail?

I frequently receive double of the same messages in my incoming mail. I
feel that I am doing something wrong when opening Outlook that may be causing
this problem. Any help will be appreciated.
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 18th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill
Adding background image to New Appointment

I tried a number of different ways. I copied a gif image from a Power Point
presentation into the body of a meeting request. I also did this with a jpg
image. In both cases, it looks correct on my...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 18th 09, 04:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill
Adding background image to New Appointment

Thank you Diane. This doesn't seem to be working in Outlook 2003. I'm trying
to have a jpg image be set as background so that once it's received, it won't
have to be clicked on to be...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 17th 09, 11:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill
Adding background image to New Appointment

Can a background image be added to a new appointment being scheduled? I have
added background images to new messages, but can't seem to find a way to add
one to an appointment request that I'm...
Forum: Outlook - Installation February 9th 09, 05:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
incoming msgs go to deleted items

I transfered outlook 03 to my new vista computer and all incoming msgs go to
deleted items folder, instead of inbox
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 4th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill
Outlook doesn't notify me of an appointment

Nicholas

Thanks for the idea. However, it didn't work as the option menu was set
correctly.

Does anyone else have an idea about this?

--
Bill in ABQ
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring February 2nd 09, 10:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill
Outlook doesn't notify me of an appointment

I got this computer with Office 2007 and Vista in Jan 2007. I have had a
number of problems with the system, but he most frustrating is the Calandar
doesn't give me notifications of an...
Forum: Outlook - Installation December 31st 08, 10:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill
Can not Import Old Outlook Email files and folders

I have a new PC with Office 2003 and Outlook 2003 on it. I backed up all my
old email files to a .pst file and when I go to import it, I can not find the
Import Feature listed under "File" as...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts November 30th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
Outlook Contacts arrainged alphabetically by company name

How do I set my Outlook contacts so that the company names will list
alphabetically and then the contacts within that company will list
alphabetically also?
Forum: Outlook - General Queries September 29th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill
How do I compose a letter to a contact?

I am a new 2007 user (migrating up from 2000) and cannot locate the New
Letter to contact that was a choice in Outlook 2000.
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 26th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill
Address book not showing up in fax

Russ,

Thank you for trying to help. It must be frustrating to not get the right
info from users.

But, no, I didn't say I have Personal Address book installed. Plus, I'm not
familiar with those...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 26th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill
Address book not showing up in fax

I set it up for the first time last month. I imported the contacts to set it
up for the first time. It wasn't installed before. I'm not using Outlook, I
don't understand your question "... threw...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 26th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill
Address book not showing up in fax

Under Start Menu is "Address Book." It's not called Windows Address Book, but
I assume that's the same thing. When I start it, in the left column is 2
icons; "Shared Contacts" and "Main Identity's...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 26th 08, 05:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill
Address book not showing up in fax

I've done that and it still doesn't work. In Control Panel, programs, then
Contact List, it's set for Address Book. I have the same problem, Start in
Word, then Print, change to Fax, Fax Wizard...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts September 24th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill
Address book not showing up in fax

The program is Windows XP Fax.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx

I want my fax software to use my Windows Address Book. The names and fax
numbers...