Search: Posts made by: Dennis
Forum: Outlook - General Queries December 25th 09, 04:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 0
Posted By Dennis
forewarding IMPA e-mail to outlook

I have a IMPA e-mail address and I forewarding all mail from it to Outlook.
However, I cannot delete e-mail from this account in Outlook. Must go to IMPA
account and delete there. The subscribed...
Forum: Outlook - Installation October 20th 09, 02:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis
outlook cannot connect to outgoing e-mail server

having the exact same problem. Was working fine until a MS update installed
and rebooted system around 930am on Saturday morning. Outlook still not
working with XP but working ok with 2003 OS. Have...
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 09, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

I don't know for sure what the MFN rule was supposed to do but I think its
purpose was probably to delete my messages from the ISP server. The MFN name
came from my ISP in their instructions on...
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 09, 09:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

I don't know for sure what the MFN rule was supposed to do but I think its
purpose was probably to delete my messages from the ISP server. The MFN name
came from my ISP in their instructions on...
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 09, 05:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

Ron, Thank you very much for your reply. Your questions led me to the
solution for the problem. Please also read my reply to Bruce Hagen. When I
checked the message rules I saw that there were 2...
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 09, 05:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

Ron, Thank you very much for your reply. Your questions led me to the
solution for the problem. Please also read my reply to Bruce Hagen. When I
checked the message rules I saw that there were 2...
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 09, 05:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

Bruce, Thankyou for responding to my request. I think I finally have solved
the problem. To answer your question; show all messages was checked and
nothing else was checked and OE was closed when...
Forum: Outlook Express September 11th 09, 05:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

Bruce, Thankyou for responding to my request. I think I finally have solved
the problem. To answer your question; show all messages was checked and
nothing else was checked and OE was closed when...
Forum: Outlook Express September 10th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

I have windows xp with service pack 2. I hope someone can help fix my
problem. When I check for email at my ISP and see there is mail to download
to my computer and then go to Outlook Express,...
Forum: Outlook Express September 10th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis
Inbox won't post messages

I have windows xp with service pack 2. I hope someone can help fix my
problem. When I check for email at my ISP and see there is mail to download
to my computer and then go to Outlook Express,...
Forum: Outlook Express July 20th 09, 02:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis
Send attachment

Thank you again - that was the trick that fixed it. I donno how that box got
checked, but un-checking it was the cure.

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced....

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced....
Forum: Outlook Express July 19th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis
Send attachment

Thank you. I'll try that.

....and disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

....and disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.

Forum: Outlook Express July 19th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis
Send attachment

OK -I'll try that. Thank you.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Uncheck: "Break apart
messages........".
--

Bruce Hagen

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Uncheck: "Break apart
messages........".
--

Bruce Hagen
Forum: Outlook Express July 19th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Dennis
Send attachment

My machine running XPH-SP3 has both Windows Live Mail and OE6 on it. Recently
I have had severe problems sending *.pps or *.wmv attachments from OE6. For
some reason when sending the attachment is...
Forum: Outlook Express July 19th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis
Send attachment

My machine running XPH-SP3 has both Windows Live Mail and OE6 on it. Recently
I have had severe problems sending *.pps or *.wmv attachments from OE6. For
some reason when sending the attachment is...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 14th 09, 10:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 7
Posted By Dennis
Outlook 2007 Contacts Sorting Problem when Company is (none)

Thanks again for the information Russ. Sorry for all the back and forth. I
have one final question, you mention export/import is not the best way to do
an upgrade. What is? Just open the old pst...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 9th 09, 12:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 7
Posted By Dennis
Outlook 2007 Contacts Sorting Problem when Company is (none)

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

I think you need to look for a better way to create the view you want.
Business Cards isn't a very good view to do what you want if it forces you
to...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 7th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 7
Posted By Dennis
Outlook 2007 Contacts Sorting Problem when Company is (none)

Russ,
Thank you for your quick response. I'm not sure what you mean by
"Preferences will not be applied to existing contacts only to new". Here's
more detail: I have all of my contacts in one...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 6th 09, 02:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 7
Posted By Dennis
Outlook 2007 Contacts Sorting Problem when Company is (none)

In upgrading to a new machine and installing Outlook 2007, contacts are not
being sorted correctly. When View=Current View=Business Cards then all
Company (field is filled in) contacts are sorted...
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts May 5th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 2
Posted By Dennis
Printing all notes for a contact

On 4/9/09 Diane Poremsky replied to a post by RRandy that table printing
limits the size of the fields that are printed. I would appreciate a further
explanation. I have several contacts with 20...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 16th 08, 07:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis
Add to my calendar

Diane,

I'm not sure what you mean by "What type of email Account" I use Microsoft
Outlook. When I click on the calendar tab, it brings up my calendar and
suggestions on sharing my calendar but...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 16th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Dennis
Add to my calendar

How do I allow a user to add to my calendar while viewing. I use 2007