Search: Posts made by: Tom
Forum: Outlook and VBA April 5th 10, 05:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom
Prompt for email account

I have three email accounts in Outlook 2007: an Excchange (ost) and 2
personal (pst.)

When I create a new mail message, I'd like to click on a button that then
prompts me for the account, and then...
Forum: Outlook Express February 4th 10, 01:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom
More on unreadable attachment

I should have mentioned that the attachment had a wps file designation. To
open it, I got a message which said that I needed a converter and that I
should insert my MS Office XP Standard for...
Forum: Outlook Express February 4th 10, 01:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Tom
More on unreadable attachment

I should have mentioned that the attachment had a wps file designation. To
open it, I got a message which said that I needed a converter and that I
should insert my MS Office XP Standard for...
Forum: Outlook Express February 3rd 10, 06:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By Tom
Unreadable attachment

I was able to open this attachment but it is written in computer code. Is
there any way to translate this into readable English? Thank you for any
help.

Forum: Outlook Express February 3rd 10, 06:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 26
Posted By Tom
Unreadable attachment

I was able to open this attachment but it is written in computer code. Is
there any way to translate this into readable English? Thank you for any
help.

Forum: Outlook and VBA January 12th 10, 02:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
How to get Inspector object from Window handle

Thanks Dmity, finally I am able to find a way to get Inspector object.
Because there is only ONE Outlook running in one system. I am able to get
Outlook Application object without window handle....
Forum: Outlook and VBA January 11th 10, 02:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
How to get Inspector object from Window handle

Hi,

I post this question on Outlook-General and administrator suggest me putting
here.

I am able to get any window handle from outlook. For each of these window
handle I've tried...
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 10th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
exception when I call ActiveDocument.Range(0,0).Editors.Add(-1

The exception is "[object Error]".

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

And what does the message of the exception tell you?

--
Best regards
Forum: Outlook and VBA December 9th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
exception when I call ActiveDocument.Range(0,0).Editors.Add(-1)

When I browse to an email, the plug in will search the email text. If find
URL inside the email I will insert some string into the email based on if the
URL is safe or not.

It works fine on...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring December 1st 09, 02:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom
Bug in Exporting Recurring Appointment from Outlook 2007?

When a recurring event is manually moved from Day 1 to Day 2, where Day 1
fits the recurrence pattern and Day 2 doesn't, the exported data doesn't pick
up on this exception, so the exported data...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 30th 09, 04:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
Outlook 2003 checking the availability of others Calendar

Thanks Brian, I have tried that but still not working anymore ideas? All the
setting looks the same on my colleague’s PC’s to my.
--
Big thanks

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"Tom"...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring November 30th 09, 11:45 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
Outlook 2003 checking the availability of others Calendar

When scheduling a meeting and checking the availability of my colleague
accounts, I can see some of my colleague calendars displaying their
availability, the rest of my colleagues accounts is...
Forum: Outlook - Installation October 31st 09, 01:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom
How to configure text of a URL address typed in Outlook 2002 SP3

Some years ago I somehow managed to configure the text [font., color, size.]
of any and all text that displayed a URL address typed in Outlook. It could
have been before 2002 was released, such as...
Forum: Outlook - Installation October 26th 09, 01:03 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom
how to configure font of text of a URL address?

Some years ago I somehow managed to configure the font whenever a URL was
written in an Outlook message. The URL address displays strikingly different
than the accompanying text. Now I'd like to...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 7th 09, 06:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom
Shared Calendar - Can't connect

We are running Outlook 2003. Do any of these "fixes" apply to us??

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Something is not right. You should be able to do it yourself from the
Delegates tab.

Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 09, 11:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom
Cant see shared calendar

Should be the actual calendar. She has the "Framework" of the calendar, but
no data

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Are they looking at the actual calendar or free/busy in the scheduling
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 09, 10:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom
Cant see shared calendar

Have done this, the permissions for the shared calendar is view only. I had
the sharing person re invite, giving read permission but my engineer still
can not see detail.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]"...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 6th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom
Shared Calendar - Can't connect

I am trying to set up my shared calendar. I've added a couple of users,
giving them read permissions to the calendar. When I try to set them up as a
deligate again using the same permission set,...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries October 2nd 09, 08:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom
User can not see shared calendar

What setting should I check to enable a user to see a shared calendar??
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 2nd 09, 08:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom
Cant see shared calendar

Can you share what settings I should check??

"dlw" wrote:

check the settings

"Tom" wrote:

One of our engineers can not see the shared Engineering calendar. We are on
an exchange...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring October 2nd 09, 06:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom
Cant see shared calendar

One of our engineers can not see the shared Engineering calendar. We are on
an exchange server.

Can you point me in the right direction

Thanks
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring September 2nd 09, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom
cannot send or recieve through outlook

i cannot send or recieve emails through outlook. windows live is working fine
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 27th 09, 03:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom
Outlook 2007: Certificate error..

I just got it solved! I did the obvious! I exported the *.cer file from the
Intermediate Certificate Authorities and Imported it into the Trusted Root
Certification! Duh! Sometimes the obvious...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 27th 09, 02:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom
Outlook 2007: Certificate error..

Ok.. I tried what you suggested and apparently I'm not following the correct
bouncing ball!
Here's what I did as I understood your suggestion:
MMCFileAdd/Remove Snapinselected CertificatesAdd...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 25th 09, 07:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom
Outlook 2007: Certificate error..

Windows Vista Ultimate
Office/Outlook 2007

I'm in the process of migrating from WinXP Pro SP3/Office 2003 SP3 to
WinVista Ultimate/Office 2007 so I can migrate later this year to Windows 7.

I'm...