Outlook 2003 - Forms Icon On toolbar doesn't list any forms

Old July 27th 06, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Kim.in.Denver

Default Outlook 2003 - Forms Icon On toolbar doesn't list any forms

I have several forms stored in several places in outlook but can't seem to
figure out where I need to save them in order for them to appear within this
icon drop-down. Does the icon represent something else and is not really a
convenient form selection list like I thought?
Old July 28th 06, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What "icon drop-down" are you referring to? Outlook has no form selection list other than the one in Tools | Forms | Choose Form.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 28th 06, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It's not a built-in Outlook feature. Maybe you installed an add-in? Does it list the forms published to the Inbox? To your Personal Forms library?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 28th 06, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Kim.in.Denver

It doesn't list any forms at all and I don't recall loading any add-ins, the
new version of office/outlook was installed by my coprorate SA about 3 weeks
ago and I have been trying to figure out how to use it ever since, seems to
me it would be a cool feature.

Old July 28th 06, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You can look in Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | COM Add-ins to see at least some of your add-ins. (Add-ins installed in the HKLM hive of the registry won't be shown.)

Have you ever published any forms? If not, then try publishing both to the Personal Forms library and your Inbox to see if any such forms appear in the list.

Old July 28th 06, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Kim.in.Denver

nothing there...it is very strange. What does the "install" button on the
Manage Forms box do?

Old July 28th 06, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Kim.in.Denver

I do have forms published in both my personal forms library and in my inbox
(as well as within several personal folders.)

Old July 28th 06, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It installs a form that was saved in .cfg or .fdm format.

Maybe the button is left over from an addin that you once had installed but no longer is present. If you remove the button, then restart Outlook and it doesn't come back, then you'll know that button does nothing.

If you want a tool to launch forms from the toolbar, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/launchform.htm#tools