Email Message Forms in Personal Forms Library

Old May 30th 06, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Debbie Hadsel

Default Email Message Forms in Personal Forms Library

We recently upgraded to Windows XP. In our prior version of Windows, I was
able to type a new mail message in Outlook, then choose "Tools-Forms-Publish
Form As" and give the form a name and save it to my Personal Forms Library.
When I needed this particular message, I could go into Choose Form-Personal
Forms Library and bring up this message.

In Windows XP, the "Forms-Publish Form As" is no longer available under
Tools in Outlook. My personal forms library is still there, and existing
forms can still be used. However, I cannot make any changes to the existing
forms, nor can I figure out how to save new forms.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old May 30th 06, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The version of Windows shouldn't matter. You didn't tell us the version of Outlook.

In any case, you might want to try resetting the menu bar in View | Toolbars | Customize.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old May 30th 06, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Debbie Hadsel

I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568) SP2. After poking around a little more
I find that I can open a message I've received from someone else, then go to
Tools-Forms and the "Publish Form As" shows up there. However, this command
does not show up if you are in a new mail message, a reply to an existing
message, or a forward to an existing message.

I could not locate the "Publish Form As" command when going to
View-Toolbars-Customize.

Old May 30th 06, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That's normal behavior if you're using Word as your email editor. Turn off Word as the editor before starting a session where you want to publish message forms from existing messages.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old May 30th 06, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Debbie Hadsel

Thanks! I tried turning off Word as my Email editor, and can now type a
message and save it as a personal form. This method does change the
formatting of my auto-signature, but I can recreate that if needed.