Outlook prompting for Password

Old April 10th 06, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Ismaelmvp3

Default Outlook prompting for Password

After I log into my Network, I was able to launch Outlook with no problem (no
password needed) .... Now, after I login, Outlook is prompting for a password
and ID ... what would cause this sudden change and is there a fix??
Old April 12th 06, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Scott Atkins[MSFT]

Hi,

Please follow these steps to check the configuration of your Exchange account. Make sure the "Always prompt for username and password" box is unchecked,

1. Open Outlook
2. Click Tools Email Accounts
3. Select "view or change existing email accounts" and click "Next"
4. Select your Exchange server account and click "Change"
5. Click on "More Settings"
6. Click on the "Security" tab
7. Uncheck "Always prompt for username and password" if it is checked

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?SXNtYWVsbXZwMw==?=
Subject: Outlook prompting for Password
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:04:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

Old April 12th 06, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Ismaelmvp3

Thanks for the reply …
The problem was with Network Authentication ….
The Users account was disabled due to 35 inactive rules,
Thus causing the password to expire in the meantime ….
I reset the password and waited 15 mins …and it was fine …..
F.Y.I …
Your procedure would have to be accessed through “Control Panel” … “Mail”
If Outlook is prompting for a password you wouldn’t be able to get into
“Tools”…
Thanks Again

From: =?Utf-8?B?SXNtYWVsbXZwMw==?=
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:04:02 -0700