REPOSTING: Contacts missing from shared contacts folder

Old March 29th 06, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karen

Default REPOSTING: Contacts missing from shared contacts folder

Hi,

I just shared my contacts folder with another user, but some of my
addresses are missing when viewing from her computer. I gave her
"Editor" permission level when sharing the folder. What gives?

Would appreciate if someone could give me a clue.

Thanks
Karen

Old March 29th 06, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Karen wrote:

I just shared my contacts folder with another user, but some of my
addresses are missing when viewing from her computer. I gave her
"Editor" permission level when sharing the folder. What gives?

Are the "missing" contacts marked as "Private"?
--
Brian Tillman
Old April 4th 06, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Karen wrote:

Hi Brian - It took me some time to find how to mark contacts as
private but in the end I found it and some of them were indeed marked
private. That seems to have fixed it - thanks!

You're welcome. I'm not sure why you found it difficult to locate, since
it's right on the Contact form.

Seeing as I didn't even know where this feature was, I am baffled as
to how they got marked private in the first place. Any thoughts? Is
this a default that I can switch?

Programmatically I think it can be done, but that's outside of my
familiarity with Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 4th 06, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karen

Thanks Brian. Took me some time but I finally found the checkbox in
the lower right corner. I had no idea it was there.