Contact list/Calendar Outlook 2007

Old December 31st 09, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Becky

Default Contact list/Calendar Outlook 2007

Hello!

Both my pastor and I have Outlook 2007, but our computers are independent of
each other. Is it possible for me to work on MY Outlook's contact
list/calendar, and then email the file to him to correctly download to his
hard drive?

It sure would help him if this were possible. Thanks in advance for your
reply.

Happy New Year All,
Becky
Old December 31st 09, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine

All Outlook data exists in a single file. You can create a new Outlook data
file and put the information you want to share in that file.
If you want to email it, however, you'll need to overcome some security
restrictions so it can be accessed:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp

--
Russ Valentine

Old January 1st 10, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Becky

Thanks so much Russ, but I also need to know "how" to create a new Outlook
Data file, and what the extension would be. I can put it on a CD for my
pastor, and then he can just install it into the correct folder. Right?
Happy New Year!
Becky

.

Old January 1st 10, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine

File New Outlook Data File... It will have a PST extension.
You can put it on a CD. Make sure Outlook is completely closed before you
do.
He can open it with File Open Outlook Data File..., but he must first
move it to his hard drive and remove the read only attribute it acquired
from being on a CD.
Do NOT move it to the default folder because you might overwrite another
file.
--
Russ Valentine
news