Forwarding vcards with pictures and notes

Old March 18th 06, 10:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Arjay

Default Forwarding vcards with pictures and notes

I have inserted my picture and notes in my company contact record. But when I
forward that record as a vcard, neither the picture nor notes appear on the
receiver's end when they open my vcard. Is there any way to do this?
Old March 19th 06, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Arjay wrote:

I have inserted my picture and notes in my company contact record.
But when I forward that record as a vcard, neither the picture nor
notes appear on the receiver's end when they open my vcard. Is there
any way to do this?

A vCard is just a text file. It can't contain images. Also, I don't
believe Outlook supports saving the notes in the vCard file.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 8th 07, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
mlins

Did you ever get or find an answer to your question? I have started using
outlook 2003 with the same problem, really irritating and I have 3 email
addresses in the vcard, when sent neither the picture, notes or other 2 email
addresses show up. So the one guys answer about just a text file doesn't make
sens on the notes/email address part. Have been researching off and on for
last 5 days with no solution.
--
Matt

Old January 8th 07, 12:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

What part did you not understand of that answer? vCards are simple text
files. They are not Outlook Contact Records. Send the Contact record if you
want to preserve all the information.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]