Importing Contacts from Mozilla Thunderbird

Old January 17th 09, 06:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
k2hsharpe

Default Importing Contacts from Mozilla Thunderbird

Hi
have just installed Office 2007. This the first time ever that I have used a
MicroSoft Office suite and first time I've used a MicroSoft email. I've
imported my contacts from my mobile phone using Nokia Sync and it went easy
as. But I didn't have email addresses on my phone, only phone numbers. I
need to import my email contacts from Mozilla Thunderbird but can find no
information on how to do this. I have three questions ...
firstly, is there a mechanism to do this
secondly, if there is, will the new list seamlessly integrate with the list
already created or will it create a duplicate list?
Thirdly, would I be better of just opening up both programs and labouriosly
cutting and pasting?
Old January 17th 09, 08:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_4_]

"k2hsharpe" wrote in message
Hi
have just installed Office 2007. This the first time ever that I have used
MicroSoft Office suite and first time I've used a MicroSoft email. I've
imported my contacts from my mobile phone using Nokia Sync and it went
easy
as. But I didn't have email addresses on my phone, only phone numbers. I
need to import my email contacts from Mozilla Thunderbird but can find no
information on how to do this. I have three questions ...
firstly, is there a mechanism to do this
secondly, if there is, will the new list seamlessly integrate with the
list
already created or will it create a duplicate list?
Thirdly, would I be better of just opening up both programs and
labouriosly
cutting and pasting?

Export the TBird addressbook as a csv file. Import that into Outlook. It
should integrate seamlessly....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old January 17th 09, 09:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
k2hsharpe

thanks for response ...
sorry, am rank novice
what is cvs file
and how do I import into Outlook

Old January 17th 09, 09:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_4_]

"k2hsharpe" wrote in message
thanks for response ...
sorry, am rank novice
what is cvs file
and how do I import into Outlook

1. In Thunderbird, open Addressbook.
Do Tools-Export. Under "Save as type" choose csv.
Give the file a name, and export it to a location where you can find it!

2. In Outlook do File-Import and Export.
Choose Import from another program or file - next
Choose Comma Separated Values (that's what csv stands for) Windows
Browse to where you saved the Thunderbird file.

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old January 18th 09, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
k2hsharpe

I spent a goodly chunk of yesterday laboriously doing it one by one
(laughing)))
Sometime in the next day or so I'm going to spend a relatively few minutes
doing my better half's. I was dreading the job ahead, not any more - this
last answer is a ripper, many thanks Gordon.

regards
Kevin

Old January 18th 09, 12:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_4_]

"k2hsharpe" wrote in message
I spent a goodly chunk of yesterday laboriously doing it one by one
(laughing)))
Sometime in the next day or so I'm going to spend a relatively few minutes
doing my better half's. I was dreading the job ahead, not any more -
this
last answer is a ripper, many thanks Gordon.

YW!
--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level