what does parameter values are not valid mean

Old July 24th 08, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Tammy

Default what does parameter values are not valid mean

I am trying to add contacts in to my address book. I can not save a close.
It comes up

One or more parameter vales are not valid.

How do I fix this problem
Old July 24th 08, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky {MVP}[_2_]

how are you trying to add them?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old July 24th 08, 04:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not sure what you mean. Contacts and address book are one in the same. There
is no way and no need to add one to the other. Clarify your post.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 24th 08, 02:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Tammy

I click on "new" add in the persons name, email address, phone number,
address ect. When I am finished I click on "save and close". This is when
the message comes up

Could note complete the operation. One or more parameter vales are not valid.

I have now realized the same thing happens if I wanted to add a meeting into
my calendar.

Note I am using Outlook 2003 if that helps

Thank you

Old July 25th 08, 05:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Tammy

Hi Russ I do not remember having a problem with Outlook in the past.
Unfortunately I do not have a back up and I do not sync the data.

Is there any thing I can do to correct this problem?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

There are numerous causes for this message. Do you know what steps caused it
in the first place? I assume Outlook did work correctly at one time, right?
If so, what changes were made before this started? Do you sync your Outlook
data? Do you back it up?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]