Recipients get duplicate emails when i use distribution list

Old April 16th 08, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jason

Default Recipients get duplicate emails when i use distribution list

When i send a message using distribution list, recipients recieve duplicate
emails. This only happens with one of my distribution lists which has
approx. 100 contacts in it.
Old April 16th 08, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

I'd double check the list to make sure there aren't duplicate recipients or
nested distribution lists.

Old April 16th 08, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jason

Thats the first thing i checked. There are no duplicate recipients.
Besides, ALL of the recipients in the distribution list recieve the emails
twice - not just some.

Please someone help

Old April 16th 08, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Jason wrote:

When i send a message using distribution list, recipients recieve
duplicate emails. This only happens with one of my distribution
lists which has approx. 100 contacts in it.

I suspect that some of the people in the DL (the ones receiving duplicates)
are delegates of others and so see their own messages as well as those of
the people for whom they are delegates.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old April 16th 08, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Jason wrote:

Thats the first thing i checked. There are no duplicate recipients.
Besides, ALL of the recipients in the distribution list recieve the
emails twice - not just some.

Forget the delegates idea, in this case. See if something here explains it:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old April 16th 08, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jason

What exactly is a delegate? I doubt that all of the 100+ contacts in my
distribution list are all delegates. Also, they all only recieve it 2x - not
more.

If i set up a small distribution list, with only a few of the same names
from the large one, the recipients do not recieve duplicates! Its only when
i have a very large contact distribution list.

Any ideas??

Old April 17th 08, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Jason wrote:

What exactly is a delegate? I doubt that all of the 100+ contacts in
my distribution list are all delegates. Also, they all only recieve
it 2x - not more.

Like I said earlier, forget the delegates idea. I offered that before I saw
you post that all members are receiving duplicates. Consult the web site I
named for some ideas.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]