how do I export outlook contacts into an excel document?

Old December 5th 07, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
skikrazy

Default how do I export outlook contacts into an excel document?

I would like to export my outlook contacts into an excel spreadsheet but not
sure how to proceed
Old December 5th 07, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

There are various ways. I like to select the specific contacts (in Phone
List View or any other table view) and then grab and drag to Excel. That's
such as easy way to do it. You just let go on a new sheet.

Try that, if it doesn't do what you want, come back with a lot more data
about what you want to achieve, and some basics like your version of
Outlook.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

There are various articles about using Outlook he www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

Old December 5th 07, 05:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karl Timmermans

Standard procedure is from the Outlook menu bar

File -- Import and Export -- follow instructions on windows that appear
making appropriate selections as requested.

To select specific Outlook fields to export - click on the "Map Custom
Fields" when it appears.

Note about exporting to Excel. You will find a leading single quote in front
of all text cells in the worksheet. If you don't want the leading single
quote in the cells (which most people don't), export your data to a CSV
file, open that in Excel instead, then save it again as an Excel file.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

Old December 5th 07, 10:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon

"skikrazy" wrote in message
I would like to export my outlook contacts into an excel spreadsheet but
not
sure how to proceed

File-Import and Export-Export to a File-Next-Microsoft excel 97-2003-Select
folder-Next......

Old December 5th 07, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

skikrazy wrote:

I would like to export my outlook contacts into an excel spreadsheet
but not sure how to proceed

FIleImport and ExportExport fo a file is a good place to start.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old December 13th 07, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Itīs simple:

1 - Open Outlook and choose the "Contacts" screen / view
2 - Organize contacts by (for example) "Phone List". Make sure that
the view you have is a column / row view, with colum / field names on
top (such as "Name", "Telephone", etc)- This type of view is similar
to excel, so it will be exported in a better format, each colum having
the values associated for a specific contact;
3 - If you want, you can add or remove columns before exporting (i.e,
make them invisible).Right click on top of the column field name you
do not wish to export, and choose "Remove This Column". Similarly, if
you want to display a column that is not visible, scroll to the right
of the window, until you reach the last column. After the last column,
there should be an empty space. Right click on that, and choose "Show
Fields...". Now, choose the category of the field you want to display
(from the left box), and click "Add" so that it passes to the box on
the right side. Then click Ok if all the fields have been added as
required by you.

Now, you will see all the additional fields, and are ready to perform
a decent export: select all contacts (CTRL + A) press the left mouse
button on top of one of them (which is the same as selecting all
contacts) and, without releasing the left mouse button, drag the
contacts into excel. Donīt forget that you obviously need an excel
file to drag those contacts into, and that file should have a blank
worksheet available. I recommend reducing the size of the Oulook and
Excel windows, place them side by side so that you can perform the
"export drag and drop" more easily.

Hope this helps!