Some names could not be added to Contacts. The action could not be

Old March 15th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JoeF

Default Some names could not be added to Contacts. The action could not be

I've Outlook 2003 connected to an exchange 2003 server. whne i go the the GAL
and i right click a name and choose the option to "add to Contacts", i get an
error box that says "Some names could not be added to Contacts. The action
could not be completed".
Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?
thanks
joe
Old March 15th 07, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

joef wrote:

I've Outlook 2003 connected to an exchange 2003 server. whne i go the
the GAL and i right click a name and choose the option to "add to
Contacts", i get an error box that says "Some names could not be
added to Contacts. The action could not be completed".
Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

Why do you think you need to add GAL entries to your local Contacts?
--
Brian Tillman
Old March 28th 07, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

On Mar 15, 2:12 pm, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
joef wrote:
I've Outlook 2003 connected to an exchange 2003 server. whne i go the
the GAL and i right click a name and choose the option to "add to
Contacts", i get an error box that says "Some names could not be
added to Contacts. The action could not be completed".
Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

Why do you think you need to add GAL entries to your local Contacts?
--
Brian Tillman

I am getting the same error with one of my users. It seems to be only
this user who has problems, and it worked previously for them. As far
as the why question is concerned, because sometimes when you have a
large GAL (ours is probably 35,000+) you may have to type nearly an
entire name in before you even get close. Sometimes it's better to
have a smaller list which you can search.