For email searches, I should be able to select by Outlook contact

Old February 21st 06, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JJB-BBall

Default For email searches, I should be able to select by Outlook contact

Don't you have people who send you email from 2-3 accounts? Isn't it easier
to remember a person's name than their email address? Wouldn't it be easier
to find an email from John Doe by finding John Doe in your contact list than
scrolling through your inbox until you find his email address. And it may be
he has sent you email from different email addresses.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...tlook.contacts
Old February 21st 06, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Rhetorical questions that are all answered by Outlook's robust search
functions. Try them.
It's not clear what you're having trouble with.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"JJB-BBall" wrote in message
Don't you have people who send you email from 2-3 accounts? Isn't it
easier
to remember a person's name than their email address? Wouldn't it be
easier
to find an email from John Doe by finding John Doe in your contact list
than
scrolling through your inbox until you find his email address. And it may
be
he has sent you email from different email addresses.

----------------
this

Old February 21st 06, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That's what the Activities page on the contact item display is useful for. In Outlook 2003, you can also set up search folders to track correspondence.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old February 21st 06, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JJB-BBall

"JJB-BBall" wrote in message ...
Don't you have people who send you email from 2-3 accounts? Isn't it easier
to remember a person's name than their email address? Wouldn't it be easier
to find an email from John Doe by finding John Doe in your contact list than
scrolling through your inbox until you find his email address. And it may be
he has sent you email from different email addresses.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...tlook.contacts

How do I get to the Activities page from Contacts?

Old February 21st 06, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JJB-BBall

"JJB-BBall" wrote in message
Don't you have people who send you email from 2-3 accounts? Isn't it
easier
to remember a person's name than their email address? Wouldn't it be
easier
to find an email from John Doe by finding John Doe in your contact list
than
scrolling through your inbox until you find his email address. And it may
be
he has sent you email from different email addresses.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...tlook.contacts

Russ-I am trying to find all emails from a certain contact who may be using more than one email address to send their emails.

Old February 21st 06, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Open the contact you're interested in, then click on the Activities tab. It will take a moment to search.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old February 21st 06, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JJB-BBall

"JJB-BBall" wrote in message ...

How do I get to the Activities page from Contacts?

Got it! I had no idea this feature was available. Thanks very much. JJB

Old February 21st 06, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

If you have all those addresses recorded in the Contact Record for that
Contact, just use the Activities Tab on the Contact Record to find them all.
If you don't, then you should be able to use Advanced Find to do the same
thing.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"JJB-BBall" wrote in message
Don't you have people who send you email from 2-3 accounts? Isn't it
easier
to remember a person's name than their email address? Wouldn't it be
easier
to find an email from John Doe by finding John Doe in your contact list
than
scrolling through your inbox until you find his email address. And it
may
be
he has sent you email from different email addresses.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then

Old February 24th 06, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
JJB-BBall

Seems to identify only sent messages and not messages received from Contact. That's a big flaw that should be changed.

Old February 24th 06, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It will do both as long as a) the messages are still in your folders, b) the activities group that you're viewing is set to show the right folders, and c) the email addresses in the contact record are correct.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP