Contacts lost in Outlook 2003

Old February 16th 06, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
skendall

Default Contacts lost in Outlook 2003

We recently changed from using and Exchange server to a POP3 email system.
While the exchange server was first down we were able to access our contacts
(tells me they were local).

To be safe I archived off the email, then setup the POP3 service and brought
the email back in. Now I cannot find any of my contacts though.

Are they stored in some special file? I had them when the Exchange server
was disconnected so I assume there were local.
Old February 16th 06, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook

Can you see a Contacts folder in the Folder List view of the Navigation
Pane? What happens when you click it?

Where can't you see your Contacts?
--

Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
Acorn Training and Consulting

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

Old February 16th 06, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
skendall

All the folders show up fine. When I click on contacts it is empty. I added
in the items archived and went into the Archive folder tree and there is no
option for contacts.

Thanks

Old February 17th 06, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

skendall wrote:

We recently changed from using and Exchange server to a POP3 email
system. While the exchange server was first down we were able to
access our contacts (tells me they were local).

To be safe I archived off the email, then setup the POP3 service and
brought the email back in. Now I cannot find any of my contacts
though.

Archiving is NOT a backup procedure. It's possible you lost your contacts
because of how you tried to save your data. Do you still have the Exchange
account defined in a profile? If so, you may be able to reference the OST
that may still be on your PC. You can then create a new PST and copy all
the data in the OST to the PST, which you can then access with the mail
profile containg the POP account.
--
Brian Tillman