Allow Mail Merge from Task with Contacts

Old February 15th 06, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Schultzie

Default Allow Mail Merge from Task with Contacts

I am trying to get the most out of Outlook as a Contact Management tool.
Since I cannot create a template plan and assign that plan to one or many
contacts. The Plan would include letters at different times (that are
triggered by the completion of a previous event...much like Microsoft Project
- which is too expensive for a small business).

So for prospects I build recurring tasks of which I add the contacts that it
pertains to. So each week or month the task reappears that I need to Send a
Letter to those contacts. It would be real nice if I could, from that task
be able to create a Mail Merge to those contacts that are within the list.
Otherwise I have to get the list from the task...go to the contacts and find
them to do the mail merge. What a pain!

The method of using categories or such is not efficient. I have over 1000
contacts and using contact folders or categorieds for a group of 5 or six
based on a week of the year would get overwhelming too.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...tlook.contacts
Old February 16th 06, 12:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson MVP - Outlook

Outlook is a PIM (Personal Information Manager). You are after CRM
(Customer Relationship Management) functionality. There are many CRM
software add-ons to Outlook. Have a search and check them out.

Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
Canberra, Australia

see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity:
http://www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfd...ithOutlook.pps

www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm
"Schultzie" wrote in message
[...]

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=97e84248-c4
3a-45a5-9bf2-a338eb841ee6&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.contacts

Old February 16th 06, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Schultzie

Well aware of what CRM is...I spent 15 years in the industry. It is just a
shame that a function that I asked for...seemingly so simple to code and
valuable to so many people would be withheld. So I spend 400US dollars on
Office Professional and to MANUALLY maintain contact with my customers, I
have to spend more money. Do you work for one of the 'Add-on" software
companies?

Old February 16th 06, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson MVP - Outlook

No. I don't work for a CRM company. I own a training company.

My signature block clearly shows my company name, web site, city and
country.

"Schultzie" wrote in message
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then