send a message to email 2 & 3 when selecting multiple contacts

Old February 14th 06, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karen NZ

Default send a message to email 2 & 3 when selecting multiple contacts

I am using catagories to send emails to multiple recipients. When I select
multipe contacts, the message is only sent to the first email address on a
company contact and not to email 2 and email 3. How do I get around this?
Old February 14th 06, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Depends on your Outlook version, which you failed to mention.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 14th 06, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook 2003 no longer supports this function. In response to user requests,
"New Message to Contact" now only includes the first email address. Earlier
versions included them all.
You must select your recipients from the Outlook Address Book instead if you
want to include all of the email addresses.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 3rd 06, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
StephLJ

This is so disappointing! I hope that this function can be reconsidered since
it takes much of the power away from using catagories. I tried to get around
this by making the catagory into its own folder in Contacts so I can select
all in its address book. The only problem I have now is that the DL sorts by
the Email Display name (therefore first names) instead of the File As name
(last names). Is there a set-up in DL that I can use to change this, or do I
have to change all my EmailDisplay names? (Outlook 2003SP2 on WinXPHome
2002SP2)
--
StephLJ
a mom who uses Outlook to keep life in order

Old September 4th 06, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Users rule and most users do not want this behavior.
Using separate Contact subfolders would easily solve the problem.
Accordingly, your post does not make sense. Clarify your question. Nowhere
would DL's enter into this conversation.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 4th 06, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
StephLJ

I had tried selecting all the contacts in the subfolder (without designating
a catagory) and the email still went only to the first email address, not to
Email 2 or 3, therefore I thought I still had to make a DL to get those other
addresses. Thanks to your prompting, now I see I only need to go to that
subfolder's address book which does list all the email addresses.

I posted a related question about alphabetizing, and multiple selections
from the address book still enter the To field according to EmailDisplay
Name, so I did have change all those to last name first.

Thank you for your prompt reply--this is the first time I've ever posted to
anything. I've just been at it too long today!

Old September 4th 06, 11:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

DL's are not sorted by the Email Display Name. They are sorted by whatever
field you specified for sorting the Outlook Address Book, which could only
be "First, Last" or "File As..."
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 4th 06, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
StephLJ

yes, the DL itself sorts that way, but once you send an email to that DL, the
names that appear in the To field are the EmailDisplay names. My interest in
this is so that recipients can easily see who else got that email, which is
why I wanted the To field in last name first sort order.

Old September 4th 06, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You can set the "Email Display As" field to whatever you want for each
Contact. Most people don't bother because it is of so little consequence and
Outlook now shows both the name and email address by default.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]