LDAP and missing field company name

Old February 1st 06, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Kathy

Default LDAP and missing field company name

I got the same problem too and finally found out that outlook 2003 use
attribute "company" instead of "o" for the company name. I now can show the
company name in outlook, but when I try to search by company name, no record
found. Pls help if anyone got an idea on this.

"James Wuk" wrote:

Have tried everything I can to make outlook 2003 pick up the o: attribute
into the company name field but I cannot get it to work where as every other
addressbook correctly picks up this attribute.

"James Wuk" wrote:

Have various clients connected to an LDAP server and the only thing that
gives me a problem is Outlook 2003. All previous versions (including express)
as well as Thunderbird and ldap readers show the organisation name but
Outlook 2003 now shows this as company name and I cannot get the field
populated to show the data. I have read through the documentation and it
should be that 2003 populates the company name field with the attribute o:
however it does not.

Any help would be most appreciated.