Why can't I find a contact through search?

Old January 31st 06, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
lostquilt

Default Why can't I find a contact through search?

We can find a contact when we search by name, but why can't we find them when
we search by company?
Old January 31st 06, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

To what search function are you referring and in what version of Outlook?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 31st 06, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
lostquilt

We're using Outlook 2003 and I'm referring to the "Find a Contact" box in the
standard toolbar. We have set up Outlook so it should look in Contacts first
before it looks in the address book.

Old January 31st 06, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
lostquilt

We are using Outlook 2003. I'm referring to the "Find a Contact" button in
the standard toolbar. We have Outlook set up to look in the Contact folder
first and then in the address book.

Old January 31st 06, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Well that's an odd thing to say. There is no address book in Outlook. All
searches are conducted in Contact Folders.
The "Find a Contact" box does not search the Company field. It uses Name
fields.
You should be using Advanced Find.
--
Russ Valentine