Unable to access Address Book after migrating Outlook 2000 to

Old January 30th 06, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
D'Ann

Default Unable to access Address Book after migrating Outlook 2000 to

I am having the same problem Lissa had, only I used the Import function to
bring my address book from Outlook Express to Outlook. When I try to email,
I get the exact same message she did about unable to access the Address
book/Contacts. I used the instructions from Microsoft Office Online, and
followed them to a T. In your subsequent post to Lissa, you said to remove
the address book and then reinstall it. How do you do that exactly? Thanks
for any help I can get!
D'Ann

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Never use the file migration utility. It does not work for Outlook.
It should be a simple matter to reconnect your Outlook Address Book.
What exactly did you try that didn't work?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Lissa" wrote in message
I have a new computer with Outlook 2003. I used a file migration utility
bring over files/data/settings from old PC with Outlook 2000. I have done
this twice, and each time, Outlook doesn't allow me access to the Address
Book. I see all my info in Contacts, but I get this message when I try to
open the Address Book: "The address list could not be displayed. The
Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it
may
have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions...."

I have read this column and have several times followed the clear and
helpful instructions in article #287563 ("posted several times daily") BUT
still get the message. Nothing seems to work.

At this point, the Contacts list, even though chosen per above
instructions,
seems like a wholly disconnected folder, as I have no ability to use it
for
e-mail. I cannot even use the "To" button on new mail messages, but must
type in every single e-mail address to get mail to send.

Can someone help? Thanks, Lissa

Old January 30th 06, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Hard to say since you did not post your Outlook version.
Read this:
http://home.indy.rr.com/russval/addressbook.htm#Lose

--
Russ Valentine