How do I save emails in Activities folder?

Old January 18th 06, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Default How do I save emails in Activities folder?

Are the email messages in question contained in the folders searched by the activities group?

Have the contacts changed email addresses?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"secretariat" wrote in message ...
I have found the Properties dialog for the Contacts folder, and gone to the
Activities page to check the settings for the Activities groups, as you
suggested. However, the emails that I have sent and received are still not
listed on the Activities page for my contacts. Any suggestions as to what I
should do now?

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Bring up the Properties dialog for the Contacts folder and go to the Activities page to check the settings for the Activities groups defned for tha folder and modify or create new ones to give you information from the folder(s) you're interested in.

"secretariat" wrote in message ...
Sorry - I wasn't specific enough - how can I get emails to and from my
contacts to be listed on their Activities page. All the Activities pages
listed for each contact are currently blank.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

There is no Activities folder (unless you created on by that name). The Activities page on a contact shows items in Outlook folders related to the current contact. For email folders, it shows messages to or from one of the contact's email addresses.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"secretariat" wrote in message ...
How do I save emails in Activities folder on Outlook Contacts?

Old January 19th 06, 12:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
secretariat

Yes - the email messages are in the Sent and Deleted folders of my Inbox.
However, they are not in the Activities folder of any of my contacts. Thanks
so much for trying to solve this for me!

Old January 19th 06, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What about the email addresses?

Basically, there is no "Activities folder." When you display a particular activities group for a contact, Outlook launches a search of the folders in that group for items that match the contact. For mail messages, the matching is done on the email address. If you change the address listed in the contact, you won't match items with the contact's earlier address.

Old January 19th 06, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
secretariat

I understand that there is no 'activities folder'. What I am referring to is
the 'Activities Tab' for each Contact. I have not changed the address for
any email contact. The problem is that in the past, I was able to click on
the Activitites Tab for each Contact, and see the emails for that Contact.
Now, when I click on the Activities Tab for a Contact - I get the message
"There are no items to show in this view". Even though I have just sent and
received emails from that Contact. Mystery!