No seperate Contact list.

Old June 6th 06, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Any name

Default No seperate Contact list.

In Outlook 2002 when doing an Email address the drop down window showed each
seperate contact folder list, example, family, friends, doctors, business etc.

In Outlook 2003 it is no place to be found, only window says OUTLOOK. What
did MS do, remove it?

How do I put it back in?

How can I get "contacts" back under Personal Folders as it was in 2002?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon
Old June 6th 06, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No need to keep reposting.
Do try to post more clearly, however. We have no idea how you installed the
new version and the steps you used to configure it. You probably have not
done so yet. You need to.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 6th 06, 04:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Any name

How I installed it, would you not mean how Office 2003 Student & Teachers
installed it?

I suppose you want me to say first I opened to box, then removed the seal
and disk, then opened, ah heck you must know how to install disk and allow
auto run to do its thing.

Configure? I am the one asking for help, sorry if I feel like smarting off
but I have read many replies by you and none seem to ask such a question.

I suppose Dummy for Outlook is a book I need to buy.

Back to my question, how do I get the CONTACTS moved up to PERSONAL FOLDERS
area like they are in 2002?

Then I guess a 2nd question is what happened to all my seperate folders from
the drop down window in SEND TO area?

I am very blunt but honest and don't like being treated as if I never ever
used a computer before.

I am also blunt about "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". there was not one
darn thing wrong with Outlook 2002 so why did someone mess it up for 2003?

Don't even thing to say progress as it is a giant step DOWN.

Jon

Old June 6th 06, 08:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

Have a good look at the Navigation Pane (the strip on the left side of your
2003 screen) and try the Folder List view to see Outlook as it looked in
2002. You'll probably like it. Stick to it if you prefer

Is there a Contacts folder showing in the Folder List? Is your data in it?
Now right click it - check that the tick box to show as an Outlook address
book is ticked.

Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
www.acorntraining.com.au

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

Old June 6th 06, 10:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No, I was asking how you installed Outlook 2003 and configured it to use
your data. These are not problems with Outlook 2003. These are mostly end
user problems from having installed the software and migrated your data
incorrectly or from not having configured Outlook 2003 yet. We can't fix
them if we don't now how you broke them in the first place.
Was this a brand new installation or did you install on top of an older
version? How did you connect to your previous Outlook data file? Have you
configured your Outlook Address Book Service yet?
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 6th 06, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Any name

Russ brand new computer with new installation. I did the complete install,
not custom. Had I known Outlook 2003 was this different I would have first
installed Outlook 2002, imported my .pst then do a custom Office install
excluding Outlook. It is to late for that as I said before, once it was
installed the new features are locked in.

Judy the contacts show but as a seperate list, what I want is for them to be
back in with everything else as in Outlook 2000/2002.

I would also like to be able to totally DELETE the favorites header, not
just the files in it but MS Outlook won't allow that. I see no reason I have
to waste even a little space for something I will never use.

Ok back to getting CONTACTS out of contacts back as they were in Personal
Folders. Face it they too are really PERSONAL FOLDRS.

Ok here I go smarting off again but does MS and those who work on Outlook
even ask what the public likes and wants added or deleted from a program
before "improving" it?

Old June 6th 06, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I think you are mistaking "changes" for the fact that you simply haven't
configured the program correctly. The Help Files tell you how to migrate
your previous data, which of course you can still do.
I've already told you how to take care of the rest, which of course you can
still do. Configure your Outlook Address Book (instructions already posted)
and start using Folder List view instead of Mail view if that is what you
prefer.
You are very hasty in drawing conclusions. I usually use a new interface for
at least 2 weeks to see what I like and what I don't before I decide what
configuration to use.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 7th 06, 05:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson MVP - Outlook

Your rant shows me that you haven't bothered to follow my suggestions. They
are worth at least a look.

Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
Canberra, Australia
www.acorntraining.com.au
When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and
the full details in the body of your post.