Need to continously access .pst files from a usb flash drive how?

Old May 21st 06, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
SteveC

Default Need to continously access .pst files from a usb flash drive how?

I work at various computers using of a usb flash drive storage device. I have
all my information stored in this device with the exception of the outlook
information and more specifically my contact information located at each of
the computers that I work at. I have copied the outlook pst file into the
contents of the usb drive but I can not get the outlook software to read from
this pst file instead of the pst file located in each computer. It would be
ideal if I could have the contact information to be pulled and edited
directly from the pst file that I have pulled into my usb drive.

Is there anyone out there that can assist me?
Old May 21st 06, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Do you have Outlook configured to open the second .pst file on the USB
drive? File-Open-Outlook Data File. Be sure to close it before
disconnecting the USB drive from the computer or it will corrupt.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, SteveC asked:

Old May 22nd 06, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
SteveC

Default Need to continously access .pst files from a usb flash drive h

I am not sure what you mean by configured. I can see the pst file by going as
you sugrested to Fileopenoutlook datafile. What is next? after I folow the
above steps and I open the file, it brings me back into the outlook window
and opens the contacts stored in the computer pst.

Thank-you
Steve

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Do you have Outlook configured to open the second .pst file on the USB
drive? File-Open-Outlook Data File. Be sure to close it before
disconnecting the USB drive from the computer or it will corrupt.

--Â

Old May 22nd 06, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Do you see a second set of Personal Folders? What happens if you expand
that tree?