Hard Drive Crash---Import pst file

Old January 30th 10, 05:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jimmy

Default Hard Drive Crash---Import pst file

I have a back-up file (~ 3.3 GB) of Outlook 2007 from crashed hard drive .
When I try to import PST file I get the following message: "Errors have been
detected in the file" Tried Scanpst.exe to no avail.

When I try to open directly from the recovered file using Outlook I get a
message that the "attachment size exceeds the allowable limit"

Suggestions on how to import/repair PST file would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jimmy
Old January 30th 10, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

Is this backup a copy of a pst file or was it created with some backup
software?
Is this file located on the current hd?
Are you opening it within OL via FileOpen?

Old January 30th 10, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jimmy

Hi DL-

It is a b-up copy of a pst file. Yes, the file is located on the current HD
in a recovered files folder on my laptop desktop. Have tried to import pst
file as well as to open from OL two different ways via File-Open.

Thank you for your time and interest in helping me resolve this issue.

.

Old January 30th 10, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jimmy

A little more clarification.........the b-up is sitting on the desktop of the
new hd I installed in my laptop in recovered files folder. I also have the
old hd and it too has a b-up copy on it.

Old January 30th 10, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

Did scanpst report no err's even if run several times?
If you have access to the old drive copy any data files to Documents folder,
then try opening within Outlook

Old January 30th 10, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jimmy

Thanks for the support. Nothing seems to be working so I may have to seek
the help of local computer data recovery company even though I know costs can
be very significant.

Cheers-

Old January 30th 10, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Peter Foldes

Jimmy

Instead of importing the file try and take that back up file and put it in the file
where it belongs

--
Peter

Old January 31st 10, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jimmy

Thanks. I will try to do that. I believe that the problem is that the
recovered file is corrupted and finding a solution so the data can be read
has eluded me thus far.

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter.