Transfer Quick Parts from XP to Vista (Win7)

Old September 6th 09, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ashpoint

Default Transfer Quick Parts from XP to Vista (Win7)

I;m using Windows 7 and transfered my data from my XP workstation (accessing
Exchange 2007).

I've been able to transfer my signatures and nicknames but having issues
finding where to copy the Email template.

Where is it supposed to go?

Is there an easy way to copy the quick Parts given that I have access to the
old XP hard drive?

Old September 6th 09, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

It should be in your Templates folder.
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\
Windows Vista: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Temp lates

For other files and locations see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/filesandsettings.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old September 6th 09, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ashpoint

Hi Robert....

Thanks for the response. It's late night here so I'll follow your
recommendation tomorrow.

In the meantime a very big THANK YOU for the link to Outlook filenames and
settings. That's a very valuable resource.

Best regards from Down Under (Sydney Australia)
Michael

Old September 6th 09, 11:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

You're welcome! :-)
Post back how it goes.

Old September 7th 09, 06:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ashpoint

Hi Robert...

Copying NormalEmail.dotm from the XP hard drive to the Windows 7 hard drive
folder: C:\Users\michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templat es fixed the
problem.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Regards,
Michael

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

You're welcome! :-)
Post back how it goes.

Old September 7th 09, 12:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

You're welcome! :-)

--

"Ashpoint" wrote in message
Hi Robert...

Copying NormalEmail.dotm from the XP hard drive to the Windows 7 hard
drive
folder: C:\Users\michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templat es fixed the
problem.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Regards,
Michael