'Work Offline' option not present

Old November 23rd 08, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Venkatesh

Default 'Work Offline' option not present

I use Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows XP. For some reason I don't have the Work
Offline option in my File menu. I remember it was there in my earlier machine
which had Windows 2000, but I'm sure this problem hasn't anything to do with
the flavour of Windows.

A friend of mine has the same problem here.

Is something wrong with our installation, or is the fix simpler, like
changing some configuration?

Venkatesh
Old November 23rd 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nikki Peterson

I believe it has something to do with whether or not you are configured to
work in "Cached Mode". If you are, you will have the option to select to
"Work Offline".

An offline folder (*.OST) may be disabled.

If you use Cached Exchange Mode, a copy of the Exchange mailbox
is stored on your computer in an .ost file. This copy permits you to work
online or offline without interruption, and the data can be synchronized
automatically or manually.

Description of Outlook 2003 with Cached Exchange Mode in an
Exchange Server 2003 environment:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870926

Switch between working offline and online
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...425981033.aspx

How do I use Outlook in Offline (Folders) mode?
http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb...lt.asp?id=1080

Nikki

Old November 24th 08, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

what type of email account? do you show full menus? view, toolbars,
customize, last tab.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old November 29th 08, 10:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Venkatesh

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the quick reply. These helped me - both the tips and the links to
the relevant MS sites.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Venkatesh