Journals: Import notes and assign to Contacts

Old July 11th 08, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Lightjag

Default Journals: Import notes and assign to Contacts

I am in the process of converting Goldmine 7.0 Contact Info and Notes to
Outlook 2007.

In an effort to import "Notes" associated with various contacts into
Outlook Journals with date and possibly the person who made the note, I have
exported Journals from Outlook 2007 to Excel 2003, in order to see the
format that data needs to be in order to import back into Outlook Journals.

Exported Journal headers:

JournalType Subject StartDate StartTime Categories Companies Duration BillingInformation Mileage Private Body ContactAddressType ContactAddress ContactName Priority Sensitivity

Q1: Since all of the Journals are associated with a contact, I would expect
the “ContactName” to be in all records. Some records do not list the
“ContactName” and others list different variations of the contact name, why?

Q2: I was able to import the journal from excel 2003 after assigning a name
range to the data, but it did not associate it with a contact as I had
specified in the "ContactName" field. How do I import a journal and have it
associated with a contact?