OST file encryption - Outlook 2003

Old January 24th 08, 11:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Damo

Default OST file encryption - Outlook 2003

I'm trying to enable the 'High Encryption' setting for our OST files but no
matter what i've tried it does't stick.

When you go back into 'Offline Folder File Settings' (advanced tab on
'Microsoft Exchange Server' window) the option always says it's compressible
encryption and is grayed out.

What i've tried:

Manually configuring Outlook:- Through the Actions - e-mail accounts wizard
GUI

The Office resource kit:- I created a PRF file to zap the current profile
with new settings. Options are not available for encryption but i have tried
adding various different entries in various different places directly in the
PRF such as 'EncryptionType-0x20000000' or 'EncryptionConfigFlags=0x4100'.
I think these options only apply to PST though

Searches: I've hunted around on the Internet for hours on this and haven't
seen any solutions specific for OST files. Post all seem to relate to PST's.
There were at 3 posts with the same issue but noone posted any replies! So
is this just a BIG feature of Outlook 2003 i.e. encryption doesn't really
work? Or am I missing something here?

Help would be much appreciated

--
Damon A [Infrastructure Analyst]

Old January 25th 08, 11:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

AFAIK, that's not supported on ost-files.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/