unwanted porno text lines at the bottom of email

Old March 2nd 07, 09:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
gingaboy

Default unwanted porno text lines at the bottom of email

My director has the text "Hallo, klick mal hier rein
http://idite-nahiy-abusery.com/2/photoalbum.exe " at the bottom of all
emails sent via outlook 2003.

I have completed fullscans of sophos, but cannot find any viruses.

I presume it is a registry entry, but have not been able to find any
such entries.

Could someone please advise????

Thanks

MR

Old March 2nd 07, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it's either a virus doing it or it's added on the mail server. Did you check
for signatures? Addins?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

ups.com...

Old March 2nd 07, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

gingaboy wrote:

My director has the text "Hallo, klick mal hier rein
http://idite-nahiy-abusery.com/2/photoalbum.exe " at the bottom of all
emails sent via outlook 2003.

My guess is that your director is using Word as the mail editor and that the
text has been inserted into the Normal.dot Word template. Open Windows
Explorer and in the Address Bar, enter
%AppData%\Microsoft\Template and click Go. You should see notmal.dot there.
Delete it and see if the text at the bottom of the message goes away.
--
Brian Tillman