Setting up Exchange server info in CIW

Old January 25th 07, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jon

Default Setting up Exchange server info in CIW

I've been referring to the information located below for information on
setting up the Custom Installation Wizard with my Exchange server info, see
here for reference:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...402571033.aspx

My problem is that they refer to, and I quote:
"In the Custom Installation Wizard, on the Outlook: Specify Exchange
Settings page, click Configure an Exchange Server connection."

Now in my CIW I don't see an 'Outlook: Specify Exchange Settings' option.

What am I missing? I'm using the latest ORK for Office 2003 and I've tried
using two different installation sources to no effect.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old January 25th 07, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You must configure page 17 before that page, which is page 18.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Jon" wrote in message ...
I've been referring to the information located below for information on
setting up the Custom Installation Wizard with my Exchange server info, see
here for reference:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...402571033.aspx

My problem is that they refer to, and I quote:
"In the Custom Installation Wizard, on the Outlook: Specify Exchange
Settings page, click Configure an Exchange Server connection."

Now in my CIW I don't see an 'Outlook: Specify Exchange Settings' option.

What am I missing? I'm using the latest ORK for Office 2003 and I've tried
using two different installation sources to no effect.

Any help will be appreciated.
--
..

Old January 26th 07, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jon

Don't know what you mean about page 17 and 18, I don't see any numbers but I
went to the previous page and it stated to setup a PRF file:

"In the Custom Installation Wizard, on the Outlook: Customize Default User
Profile page, select how you want to customize profiles for your users."

I don't have that option, it's simply not listed, I see everything else, how
to configure the various options in Office 2003 but nothing about customising
a default profile and setting up Exchange info in the CIW.

What am I missing? This is such a mind-grating exercise because those pages
don't give any info such as "If you don't see XX option then you may have to
do X before proceeding", even THAT would be helpful.

Old January 26th 07, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Look at the drop-down list in the upper right corner of the CIW. Each of the steps in configuring an Office deployment is numbered, and you can switch between steps without going through the wizard in sequence. The Outlook mail configuration steps start with 17.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old January 26th 07, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jon

Looks like that worked. Thanks for the help.

For the record though, that point should be made clearer in the documentation.

Old January 26th 07, 05:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

I agree. That's why I wrote the first book in my signature.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP