No icon to encrypt message

Old September 21st 06, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
SolRodriguez

Default No icon to encrypt message

We just moved my boss to a new computer and transferred his .pst with success
for the most part. We also exported his certificate from the old machine and
imported it to the new machine with success. However, on the old machine
when he would begin a new message there would be two button icons in the
toolbars which would let him Digitally sign and/or Encrypt the message.

Now on his new machine, he doesn't have those buttons. Does anybody know
how to get them back? We tried customizing the toolbars to add the buttons,
but they aren't available. He can manually set the encryption by going into
the "Options" menu within the new mail message, then going to the "Security
Settings", then checking the "Encrypt" message check box, but this is
cumbersome compared to using the buttons.

Thanks!
(by the way, we are using pop3 accounts in a Small Business Server
environment; hopefully we'll graduate to using Exchange soon).