How do I access Outlook from a remote pc on a home network

Old February 24th 06, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Larry Wills

Default How do I access Outlook from a remote pc on a home network

Brian
I did what the posting further down did. I moved the '.pst' file to a
network drive and then can access them by going to file..open outlook
file..then pointing to the file on the network drive. He is right you do have
to rename the .pst file in outlook on the parent file. I copied it do the nw
drive then renamed it 'lar' or nic' 'laroutlook/......pst' see? That enables
you to open any file on the net drive. Make sure your network is using high
encryption etc. Because the file has to be enabled to be seen by anyone
WITHOUT needing a password. I have a separate outlook for each kid in each
profile and all the files successfully are stored and accessable. Inc
calendar. mail tasks etc. You cannot have one open on more than one machine
at a time. This would also work on you rmain computer if you made a folder on
the drive and shared it to all then moved the files there. Of course it would
have to be on to work. Thats as far as I have got. good luck

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Dust Help wrote:

Thank you so much for the info. Is there anyway or perhaps someone
else would be willing to speak with me via email? I have a few
questions about the whole Home Networking Thing and I dont think I am
using mine to its best.

are likely resources. There are also many articles in the Microsoft
Knowledgebase on how to make good use of a home network.
--
Brian Tillman