Recent program....causing error....do you wish to fix.

Old February 20th 06, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Malcolm Dowers

Default Recent program....causing error....do you wish to fix.

I recently had to replace the standard MAPI32.DLL file with one that enables
another program to run. This used to throw up the error in Outlook as
mentioned above and when answering "No" both Outlook and the other program
happily went on their merry way.

This was all under Win98se, now that I am using XP everything starts off OK,
but after 10 minutes or so Outlook crashes and refuses to re-start.

Anyone have any idea why it would work to start with and then crash after a
while. Although I can't verify this, it seems though it might only crash the
first time when downloading messages from the email server which of course it
is set to do immediately on start-up, hence the immediate re-crash.

Regards
Malcolm Dowers
Old March 10th 06, 08:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Malcolm Dowers

A suggestion on another forum indicated that placing the program specific
MAPI file in the program's EXE folder would solve this and it did. Perhaps
this workaround can be used for other apps as well.