How do I recover folders from previous version of Outlook?

Old February 16th 06, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bob Schwartz

Default How do I recover folders from previous version of Outlook?

I just installed Office 2003 Professional Edition over Office XP. I knew it
would uninstall the older version, but it seems that it did not import all
the folders I had under the old version. Is there some way I can recover the
old folders?
--
Bob Schwartz

Old February 17th 06, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bob Schwartz

Nothing got carried over, but I solved the problem last night. All the old
folders had apparently been automatically archived as .pst files during the
installation process. I was able to find them and recover all my old saved
folders and e-mails. Thanks for replying anyway.
--
Bob Schwartz

Old February 17th 06, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Bob Schwartz diznbird at em ess en dot com wrote:

Nothing got carried over, but I solved the problem last night. All
the old folders had apparently been automatically archived as .pst
files during the installation process.

While PSTs are used for archiving, they're also used for every other item
data store as well (except for Exchange mailboxes) and so those PSTs, or at
least one of them, was in use as your active message store in the prior
version. Installing a new version does not automatically archive anything
and, while it may create one additonal PST, it does not touch your prior
message stores in any way.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 17th 06, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bob Schwartz

Thanks for the information. Regardless of how they got there, I was quite
relieved to find them and restore my files. ;-)
--
Bob Schwartz