Exporting contacts to Outlook Express

Old August 3rd 06, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Larry S.

Default Exporting contacts to Outlook Express

After using Outlook for my email the last couple of years, I have decided to
contact lists. I would, however, like to move part of my contacts to Outlook
Express address book.

Outlook is using my contacts as it's address book. I would like to export
only some of the categories in my contacts list, essentially exporting my
personal addresses, but not my client addresses or others that I have in my
contact list but don't use for email. How can I export my contacts and
import them back into Outlook Express, and is there a way to export just some
of my contact categories? Thanks.
--
Larry S
Old August 3rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Larry S. wrote:

Outlook is using my contacts as it's address book. I would like to
export only some of the categories in my contacts list, essentially
exporting my personal addresses, but not my client addresses or
others that I have in my contact list but don't use for email. How
can I export my contacts and import them back into Outlook Express,
and is there a way to export just some of my contact categories?

One way is to create a new Contacts folder and copy to it only the contacts
you wish to transfer and then export that folder as a CSV.
--
Brian Tillman

Old August 5th 06, 12:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Larry S.

Can you give me some specifics on how to do that? I created a new folder in
Outlook, but when I tried to copy the entries in one category, and then paste
it into the folder, it came out as pasted into an email address box instead!
How can I get this information into the new folder, without removing it from
the folder it is also in? Then, how can I export the new folder and import
it to Outlook Express?

--
Larry S

Old August 7th 06, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Larry S. wrote:

Can you give me some specifics on how to do that? I created a new
folder in Outlook, but when I tried to copy the entries in one
category, and then paste it into the folder, it came out as pasted
into an email address box instead!

When you create the new folder, you must configure it to contain Contact
items. You apparently didn't do that.
--
Brian Tillman