unable to send email

Old January 17th 06, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Barbwyr

Default unable to send email

I am having the exact same problem, so maybe I can provide you the
information you need since the computer jimk was working with is not easily
accessible to him.

I just tried to implement the transport logging, but haven't found any logs.
I restarted Outlook and tried to send e-mail a few times and have gotten
e-mails, but still no log.

I have tried everything I can think of. I had this problem when I was using
the 5.0 Juno software with it's own program to receive, view, etc. my e-mail
but tried to use Outlook without success.

I recently started having problems with Juno so uninstalled everything and
installed Juno 7.0 thinking this would fix the Outlook issue, but it didn't
;-(

I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. Juno's help has been dismal. I
hate to change providers, but they don't seem to care about their customers.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Barb

"jimk" wrote:

ok, I'll preface this w/ the statement that I'm almost 100% sure this isn't
an Outlook issue, but an ISP issue. However, they refuse to provide any
further support so...

I'm setting up a new pc for my father. Instead of using the juno software
I've got it set up so he can use the dialup connection to access the
internet, and am trying to set up outlook. We have XP w/ Office 2003. I have
comfirmed the pop and smtp settings, and when I click on the "test account
settings" button, all the tests complete except the "send test email". I've
verified connectivity etc...and I can receive emails, but any email I send
out gets the "sys admin - 'undeliverable'" reply w/ the message: "552
Attention! You are currently not logged onto Juno. Please log into our
network to send e-mail"

I can go to their web site and log on no problem. If I click on the "more
settings" button, I get a 4 tabbed window. Under "outgoing server", I have a
"My outoging server (SMTP) requires authentification" box, and then
underneath I have 3 bullet options:

1. use same settings as my incoming server
2. log on using.... (boxes for entering info)
3. log on using incoming mail server before sending email

I've tried every conceivable combo w/ no luck. I also have the Windows
firewall turned off, and under the firewall advanced tab I have both juno and
local area connection unchecked.

Again, I realize that this is probably an ISP issue, but on the off chance
that there is a setting in Outlook somewhere I've missed, I thought I'd try
here.

Thanks,

Jim