Lookout Prevents Outlook 2003 from Loading

Old April 18th 06, 09:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
LimeyRalph

Default Lookout Prevents Outlook 2003 from Loading

Help

my outlook starts to load and tehn teh screen vanishes - repeated attempts
produces the same reult each time. i have read the incident involving Lookout
and i have no idea what Lookout is!

how do you run detect and repair?

ralph
--
thanks to all who listened!

Ralph
UK

"Noel All" wrote:

Longshot
Try a Detect and Repair of Outlook/Office
Does starting with this switch help outlook /safe:4 (from the Run command)
Bruce is an unusual Greek name ;-)
"Brugan" wrote in message
Until recently I've been using Microsoft's Lookout search for Outlook 2003
with good results. It indexes quickly and does a good job searching.

The caveat is "until recently". Something has changed how Lookout
interacts with Outlook. When I open Outlook, it seems to load correctly
until the opening screen displays for 5 seconds or so. Then it simply
disappears. Vanishes. The Outlook icon in the taskbar remains until I
mouse
over it, then disappears, too.

The Task Manager shows that outlook.exe isn't running.

If I run the Detect and Repair program (from another Office 2003
app.remember I can't open Outlook) I can open Outlook once. Then it
reverts
to its bad behavior.

If I uninstall Lookout, all is well; Outlook runs correctly.

I've searched the M/S Knowledge Base for a solution, but my native
language
is English, not Geek -even though I am A+ certified -- and I can't find
any
articles on this bug when I search the KB. I'm guessing there's a
conflict
when Lookout loads, but can't get any farther than that.

I like the simplicity of Lookout and would like to keep using it, but.

Help!

Thanks,

Bruce

Old April 18th 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

You can run detect/repair using Office cd or via Add/Remove dialogue (the
Office entry)
Lookout is/was an OL search plug-in. MS purchased the company/techknowledgy
and integrated into their MS Desktop Search app.

news

"Brugan" wrote in message
[...]

"A rule in this public folder prevents a message this large from being posted." karzi Outlook - General Queries 1 May 24th 06 06:47 PM
Outlook has totally disappeared after loading trial of office 2003 Doug Outlook - Installation 1 January 23rd 06 07:25 AM