Outlook 2003 - cannot get out of safe mode

Old March 1st 10, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
johnt

Default Outlook 2003 - cannot get out of safe mode

When starting Outlook 2003 I get a message to say that it encountered a
problem and needs to close - send error report or dont send. Either response
brings up another dialog box advising that Outlook failed to start correctly
last time and that I should start in safe mode to help correct or isolate a
start up problem etc. Choices are - do you want to start Outlook in safe
mode - yes or no.
The no response returns me to the previous dialogue box while the yes
response starts up Outlook in safe mode with all of its limitations (eg, not
able to attach a file with an outgoing email message).
When closing Outlook in safe mode and starting it up again I get the same
messages and keep going around in a loop!!!
The question is how can I get out of this loop and start up in normal mode?
Have repaired Microsoft Office through add/remove/change programs - have
done the same through the Inbox repair tool - have also tried detect and
repair from the safe mode but stiil have the same problem.
Is there any genius out there that can provide me with some guidance? Your
help would be most appreciated

johnt
Old March 1st 10, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

Check what add-ins are installed, disable any none MS addins, likely one is
causing the problem.

Old March 1st 10, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
johnt

Thanks DL but I have no add-ins.
COM add-ins in Tools/options/advanced options has nothing
The add-in manager shows ESET Outlook plugin and Exchange extensions
propoerty pages both with unchecked boxes for install.
Any other ideas other than a stick of gelli? - Yes the frustrations are
leading me to this option
The major problem of using Outlook in safe mode is that it won't let me send
file attachments

Old March 2nd 10, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"johnt" wrote in message

Thanks DL but I have no add-ins.
COM add-ins in Tools/options/advanced options has nothing
The add-in manager shows ESET Outlook plugin and Exchange extensions
propoerty pages both with unchecked boxes for install.
Any other ideas other than a stick of gelli? - Yes the frustrations are
leading me to this option
The major problem of using Outlook in safe mode is that it won't let me send
file attachments

Remove the ESET plug in and try again.

Why can't you send attachments in safe mode?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]