Rule not working move emails with specific words in sender's addr

Old December 24th 09, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jason Wilson

Default Rule not working move emails with specific words in sender's addr

In outlook 2007 on Windows 7, I have a rule to move to move all my work
emails to a folder (called "Work"), but it does not work. This rule worked
prior to upgrading from Xp to Windows 7 and re-installing Outlook 2007. All
of my other rules still work but this one. It is a rule to move all emails
from my inbox with specific words in the Sender's address ")
to a different folder ("Work") . When I look at the rule in my list of
rules it is checked, and only says "(client only)" next to it, as do all my
other rules. I have tried to manually run it against emails in my inbox, but
it does not move the emails. Please help! I setup a test rule the same way
but instead specified a specific user instead, and that one moved the email
from that user. VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7!
Old January 4th 10, 01:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook 2007? If you
use Exchange server, the sender's address is not in that format.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Jason Wilson" wrote in message
In outlook 2007 on Windows 7, I have a rule to move to move all my work
emails to a folder (called "Work"), but it does not work. This rule
worked
prior to upgrading from Xp to Windows 7 and re-installing Outlook 2007.
All
of my other rules still work but this one. It is a rule to move all
emails
from my inbox with specific words in the Sender's address
")