Can't send message to distribution list

Old March 27th 06, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
The Undertaker

Default Can't send message to distribution list

Dear All,
I am trying to send a message to a distribution list (about 20 email
addresses) using Outlook 2003. Unfortunately every time I try I get an
error message. Sender is "System Administrator" and the message:
"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

(emailaddress1) on 3/27/2006 4:28 PM
452 Error: too many recipients.

(emailaddress2) on 3/27/2006 4:28 PM
452 Error: too many recipients.

(emailaddress3) on 3/27/2006 4:28 PM
452 Error: too many recipients.

etc.

How can I resolve this problem? Anything wrong in my smtp configuration?
Sending to a single email address is no problem.
Thanks!
The Undertaker
Old March 27th 06, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Sounds like your mail server isn't happy with the number of recipients you
put on the item. Check with your mail administrator or ISP to see what the
limits are.

Old March 27th 06, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

The other server is probably not on the same network as you so it's giving
you relay errors.