Do I need to purchase Exchange to share the calendar?

Old August 18th 09, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bryan Peterson

Default Do I need to purchase Exchange to share the calendar?

I realize this thread is extremly old, but I found it today (august 2009) and
since this information is still needed I thought I would correct it.

In Outlook 2007, they did make it semi-easy to share calendars. You can
publish it online and change permissions so only certain people can view it.
To find out how click on the "calendar" button on the bottom left, and you
should see a "How to share Calendars" link under the Calendar section (also
bottom left). Here you can click on the link "Share your calendar on OFfice
Online" to see the tutorial. I would post links but Outlook's help section
does not post itself online that I can see, sorry.

"TracyS" wrote:

I am trying to share a calendar in Outlook with other employees in my office.
We do not have the Exchange server. Do I need to purchase that to share one
calendar with 8 other people? If I do not, can someone tell me where I can
get info on how to share the calendar, because I can't figure it out. Thanks
for any suggestions.