Logo in Outlook signature shows up as red X

Old March 23rd 06, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Logo in Outlook signature shows up as red X

I know this has been plastered all over the web but I am having a
problem with this issue and our problem seems to be

Exchange/Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches as of 3/20/06. We are
using HTML as our standard email format (Word as email editor is not an
option) and we have a web utility create the users signature and send
it to them as an HTM file and then they insert their signature using
the HTM file. Rather than embeding the image in the email we have place
the image (GIF) on our web server and is viewable by all on the web.

The signature works for all users but does not work all the time and is
affecting both internal and external email. The only consistancy we see
is that when the problem exists the IMG src = code line in the HTM
file is re-written and the infamous outbind//98/ command is inserted in
to the file path and thus rendering the image unreachable and thus the
red X.

We have seen this on new emails, replys and forwards. Here is the buggy
part, so far I have had at least one email with the problem emailed to
me and the issue fixed itself.

We have no Outlook plugins that we are using and Outlook is setup with
the defaults with a few Group Policies to turn off Archiving and
disable a few other settings.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Old April 4th 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
CHL

I'm having the exact same problem except users that imbed images in their
emails also don't display. This seems to be a sporadic problem as some
images display while others don't. I get images from emails from one sender
while other times the images won't appear on another email send by the same
sender.

-CL-

Old April 5th 06, 04:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brett

Hi All,

I too see this with MS SBS 2003 with all current patches. Various users
(using HTML to send, and receiveing in HTML) state at various times that the
logo goes missing sporadically.

I have just verfied the signature as valid HTML 4.0 Transitional, (after
correcting one missing close tag for a div) but otherwise can't find the
fault.

The comminication is between two users at different companies (both
outlook/2003) and seems to happen more often after 5 or more replys back and
forward, though there is no obvious pattern as to when the logo will go
missing.

For the record, the users all reference the logo from their local signature
folder with a plain old IMG src="mylogo.gif" alt="" style tag.

This has been present for a few months on thinking back.
MVP- show us the way please!!!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

What is the message format used by these senders?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, CHL asked: