Deleting e-mails.

Old June 5th 09, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JesseCool

Default Deleting e-mails.

I've decided to start using outlook for my email today. I've downloaded all
my e-mail onto outlook, but can not figure out how to delete the emails that
I don't want. I feel like an idiot, but I've wasted a lot of time looking at
tutorials and still have not figured out how to do it. Thanks for your help.
Old June 5th 09, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John

Ummm... try pressing "Delete" key on your keyboard.

You do have a "Delete" key on your keyboard, right? No? How about "Del" key?

Old June 5th 09, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JesseCool

I wish it was that simple, but it does not do the job unless I'm not
understanding it. It does have a line drawn thru the title, but the email
does not disappear. I'm totally lost on it.

Old June 5th 09, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

Sounds like you have an IMAP mail account
That is the default, untill you purge the mail account

Old June 5th 09, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John

You should've mentioned what happened when you deleted an item.

When you mark an item on an IMAP mail account for deletion, the item is
displayed in strikethrough text in the header list. However, the item is not
removed from the IMAP mail server until a purge command is used.

For more info, use Outlook Help, search for the word purge.

Old June 9th 09, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

"JesseCool" wrote in message

What do you mean by "Purge the account?" I'm unfamiliar with this.

Click EditPurge Messages Marked for Deletion.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]