Sending Large Attachments

Old March 5th 09, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
RDH

Default Sending Large Attachments

I have no problem receiving emails with large attachments, but when I try to
forward, or attach a large file to a new email, it won't leave the "outbox"
or won't send at all. If it does send, it will continue to send numerous
times until I remove it from the outbox. Most of these files are 5-6 MB.

What can I do? I am only having this problem with Vista, as far as I know.
Old March 5th 09, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

I have no problem receiving emails with large attachments, but when I
try to forward, or attach a large file to a new email, it won't leave
the "outbox" or won't send at all. If it does send, it will continue
to send numerous times until I remove it from the outbox. Most of
these files are 5-6 MB.

What can I do? I am only having this problem with Vista, as far as I
know.

I'm going to guess that you have an Anti-Virus software that is putting hooks
into Outlook and scanning incoming and outgoing mail. Disable that functionality
and you should be good.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Old March 5th 09, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes[_2_]

RDH

I have to agree with what f.h. posted. Disable your AV email scanning

--
Peter

"RDH" wrote in message
I have no problem receiving emails with large attachments, but when I try to
forward, or attach a large file to a new email, it won't leave the "outbox"
or won't send at all. If it does send, it will continue to send numerous
times until I remove it from the outbox. Most of these files are 5-6 MB.

What can I do? I am only having this problem with Vista, as far as I know.

Sending large attachments Clinton County Outlook - Installation 4 October 2nd 07 01:29 PM
How do I open large attachments in Outlook In Box David Gwynne-Evans Outlook - Installation 5 April 19th 07 07:36 PM
Large Attachments B.W. Outlook Express 4 October 10th 06 12:27 AM
Photo attachments to large to view Ron Outlook Express 4 June 25th 06 05:22 PM
Message gets re-queued when sending large attachments. APT SA Outlook - Installation 1 March 28th 06 12:17 AM