Outlook 2003 B.C.M. address book doesn't function

Old February 2nd 06, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.bcm,microsoft.public.outlook
Bradley Walker

Default Outlook 2003 B.C.M. address book doesn't function

Hello all,

Several weeks ago a client contacted me regarding an issue that had
developed on one of their workstations. They have Dell Dimensions that came
with Microsoft Office 2003 w/BCM installed. However when the office manager
installed an older copy of MS ActiveSync 3.x on her workstation, she also
inadvertently installed Outlook XP. As you can imagine that caused major
problems so I had to stop by their office and uninstall anything pertaining
to Outlook, reinstall, get the MS utility to clean up installer files.
Finally after an hour everything began working normally.

However last week she went to save an address to her address book and began
receiving the message:

"Upon opening Outlook, it refers to the Business Contact Manager and the
database engine. When trying to ADD to Address Book, it states the Contacts
folder is either moved, deleted, or permissions denied."

I suggested she uninstall and then reinstall BCM via the orginial OEM cd she
received from dell. She tried that to no success. In fact here was what
she wrote after I suggested that idea:

"The CD is not allowing me to reinstall. Autorun brings up a screen stating
in black letters Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 setup completed
then in red Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 was not installed.
"Finish" is the only operational button. The Wizard closes. I have tried
going to My Computer to run the setup and I get the same screen. Also tried
start/run/e:, same thing happens."

Does anyone have any ideas? It sounds like the installer is possibly messed
up. Correct?

Brad

Old February 16th 06, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.bcm,microsoft.public.outlook
Sharath

Hi Brad,
Check in add or remove programs for business contact manager and uninstall
it.
Rename C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM.
Download bcm v2 from the following link and then try installing

Sharath