email accidentally 'dropped' in wrong place - where did it go?

Old January 14th 09, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Randy Nevin

Default email accidentally 'dropped' in wrong place - where did it go?

I was dragging/dropping an email message from my Inbox to a folder called
Bell, at the top of the list. Unfortunately I went a little too far up and
dropped it on "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". Now it has disappeared,
and I can't figure out where it went. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it
back. Outlook 2002 SP3.
thx!
Randy

Old January 14th 09, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Gordon[_4_]

"Randy Nevin" wrote in message
I was dragging/dropping an email message from my Inbox to a folder called
Bell, at the top of the list. Unfortunately I went a little too far up and
dropped it on "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". Now it has
disappeared,
and I can't figure out where it went. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it
back. Outlook 2002 SP3.
thx!
Randy

Try this:
highlight the Outlook Today folder right click and choose
Properties Home Page Tab
clear the checkbox for "Show home page by default.....",
Then the emails should be visible. Move them to where they should be and
reverse the above process to get Outlook Today back...

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old January 15th 09, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
VanguardLH[_2_]

Gordon wrote:

"Randy Nevin" wrote in message
I was dragging/dropping an email message from my Inbox to a folder called
Bell, at the top of the list. Unfortunately I went a little too far up and
dropped it on "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". Now it has
disappeared,
and I can't figure out where it went. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it
back. Outlook 2002 SP3.
thx!
Randy

Try this:
highlight the Outlook Today folder right click and choose
Properties Home Page Tab
clear the checkbox for "Show home page by default.....",
Then the emails should be visible. Move them to where they should be and
reverse the above process to get Outlook Today back...

HTH

I wonder if Advanced Find could also find it in the Today folder? If
so, the user could then move it to a different folder.
Old January 15th 09, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Easier way is to use advanced find and then select messages

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Randy Nevin asked:

Old January 15th 09, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Yes, advanced find will work. Select the outlook today level, start advanced
find and press Find (with no conditions).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: